Tuesday 17 September 2013

Trips & Family Visit

As well as being busy with classes, I also got to go on a few trips organised by the Study China program. These included a night cruise along the Huangpu River, which offered spectacular views of Shanghai's famous skyline, a trip to Xitang (a nearby river town), Shanghai museum, with its wonderful collections, and an acrobatics show. Understandably, I was unable to take pictures of the acrobatics show but trust me, it was phenomenal!

Night Cruise








Beautiful Xitang, I believe some of Mission Impossible III was shot here




 This man is fishing using a traditional method. He tied the birds to the boat to catch fish in their mouths.





It was so hot some locals used oven-style mits for their bike handles! 


Shanghai Museum - my favourite area was a furniture display. As you can probably tell, this is a bed.




We also got to go on a trip with our 'English taught course.' I went to the Shanghai Volkswagen factory with my marketing class! 




For my family visit I was taken out for a meal (more on food later!) It seems like everyone's family visit was very different, from playing sports in a nearby park to making dumplings at home. I got to hang out with two people roughly my age, a boy, 'Dracula' and his friend 'Little D' (pictured.) It was great to interact with some locals my age. They were both training to become English teachers so their English was (luckily) a lot better than my Chinese!

No comments:

Post a Comment