Friday 6 September 2013

First Impressions

After a much needed shower and sleep, I awoke to a scorching day. Shanghai had been enduring a heatwave and my first few days there were definitely the hottest of the trip! Some new friends and I had  a wander around the campus (which was even prettier in daylight) and caught the Metro to People's Square.

ECNU; The 'Garden University'







Our guesthouse on campus





We had lunch and a wonder around People's Square. Unfortunately getting temporarily lost on the way home... Thankfully we had our address written in Chinese with us and found the correct station to get off at! 


When we found our way back I took this picture (below) and made sure I (a) Learned that name! (b) ALWAYS carried my university address with me and (c) Remember to always photograph the station name I am staying near when in a new city! (because, especially in China, remembering that the stop name has some 'j's, 'i's and 'ng's in it just won't cut it!)




No comments:

Post a Comment