Tuesday 17 September 2013

Culture Classes

ECNU kindly organised some culture classes for us. We had these once a week; we got to try martial arts and calligraphy and experience a Chinese tea ceremony. They were all intriguing and worthwhile, but I think my favourite was the tea ceremony. A tea expert (who even wore traditional dress!) gave us a really insightful presentation about types of tea and how they should be brewed. She then (very gracefully) made us three types of tea which we got to taste, I especially loved the Oolong tea. I used my new knowledge to pick out some tea to bring back for family and friends as gifts. Not only were these classes very interesting, I especially appreciated them since if I had just come to China as a tourist, I would not be able to participate in such activities.



Having a break in martial arts class

Attempting Chinese Calligraphy

Tea presentation

Chinese Tea Ceremony


No comments:

Post a Comment